MAM Podcast S01 E04: “Should I Go to Massage School?” and Movement Assessments
- 1). Should I go to massage school?
- Have a plan. Understand what you’re giving up and why you’re doing it.
- Stay in your lane. Know when to punt the ball.
- You are not replacing any medical professionals, develop relationships instead
- Your price point has to be higher than what you charge for training
- 2). Movement Assessments
- It doesn’t matter what assessment you use, what matters is that you have one and that it helps you make a better decision moving forward
- Screening saves you so much time and is a wonderful sales tool
- Use the same first workout for everyone
- You don’t have to do an FMS the first day. Make the first workout fun and successful.
- Make the client feel like they’re in good hands
- Training vs. workouts vs. exercises
Book Club recommendations:
- Kevin: Injury Free Running and Human Locomotion by Tom Michaud
- Brendon: Total Recall by Arnold Schwarzenegger
What’s coming up?
- CFSC Level 1 in Chicago Feb 20th w/ Strength Faction – CFSC Level 1 Certification | February 20th, 2022 – Niles, IL
- CFSC Los Altos Feb. 27th – CFSC Level 1 Certification | February 27th, 2022 – Los Altos, CA
- MBSC winter seminar https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2022-mbsc-winter-seminar-featuring-les-spellman-and-nicole-rodriguez-tickets-204511438217