MAM Podcast S01EP21: What should I do when a client gets injured during a session?
- Injuries are a part of the natural process of becoming a better coach
- What to do if a client gets hurt in session?
- Take ‘Extreme Ownership’, Ask a lot of questions and don’t make it worse
- Communicate clearly and call their parents if it’s a minor
- Reflect on your mistake and make an action plan
- Follow up with the individual or parent in 1-3 days
- Be careful/aware of your own bias and other coaches’ biases. The n=1. Everyone’s context is different.
- Murphy’s Law -” What can go wrong, will go wrong.” That’s why we have rules.
Book of the Week:
- Kevin – The True History of the American Revolution by Sydney George Fisher
- Brendon – The Comfort Crisis: Embrace Discomfort to Reclaim Your Wild, Happy, Healthy Self by Michael Easter
Where you can find us next:
- Upcoming Level 2 CFSC events – Reading, PA – Colorado Springs – Edmonton Canada – Boston @ MBSC – Wyckoff, NJ – Plano, TX