MAM Podcast S01EP19: Eric Chessen from Autism Fitness
- About Eric
- Your program on paper needs to apply to the person/population standing in front of you
- Build rapport and set expectations first
- Always give choices – which one do YOU want to do? Have to – sucks.
- The PAC Profile: Physical, Adaptive, Cognitive
- Where do coaches struggle the most when working with people with neurodevelopmental disorders – Answer? OVERCOACHING
- Label, Demonstrate, Do and Cue
- Access and advocates
- Milestones to work towards – motor control through a full range of motion especially in the eccentric, baseline strength, being comfortable in the environment, and language development around needs
- Behavior Specific Praise – don’t just say good job or you’re awesome…. be specific with your praise!
- Have a hierarchy of priorities for meeting people where they’re at
- How did you come up with your Autism Fitness Certification?
Get in Touch with Eric
Where you can find us next:
- Upcoming Level 2 CFSC events – Chicago – Reading, PA – Colorado Springs – Edmonton Canada – Boston @ MBSC – Wyckoff, NJ – Plano, TX
- Perform Better Summits – Providence August 26th – 28th