Either way try these out.
MAINTAIN & OWN your ranges of motion.
Often neglected are our elbows. Here are some radio-ulnar rotations I practice every day to maintain healthy elbows as a Manual Therapist.
Everyone can benefit from these.
– Try and create as much self imposed resistance as possible.
– Low to moderate intensity does not markedly change the collagen content of connective tissue.
– Change occurs when there is a strong enough stimulus to cause muscle fiber disruption and damage.
– Master INTERNAL loading prior to adding EXTERNAL loads.
Why do this?
– Movement about a joint creates changes in pressure in the joint capsule that drive nutrients from the synovial fluid toward the articular cartilage of the joint.
– Immobilization of a joint prevents proper diffusion of oxygen and essential nutrients throughout the joint.
– If you don’t use it, you lose it.